A brief about Psyllium Husk
Psyllium Husk is also known as isabgol or ispaghula. It is obtained from the seeds of a shrub-like herb called Plantago ovata which is most commonly grown in India. It is a bulk forming fiber that contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. Psyllium Husk is a true dietary fibre due to presence of high mucilage content.
Process of deriving Psyllium Husk from the seeds is as follows-
• Cleaning: Raw seeds are cleaned by mechanical processes through various steps.
• De-husking: This process begins after cleaning of raw seeds. The process involves crumbling of seed and segregation of husk in a sealed circuit of an automatic pneumatic aspiration system.
• Separation: The psyllium seed husk is then separated from the rest of the seed by using automated pressure. The seeds are crushed between rotating rollers and plates.
• Purification: Psyllium husk is purified by filtering the mixture to separate the husk from the rest of the seed part.
Uses and Benefits of Psyllium Husk
Psyllium Husk is a best known natural laxative which is gentle and not addictive. It is used in the making of breads, pasta, breakfast cereals etc. It is also used industrially in making ice creams and frozen desserts as a thickener. Health benefits of using Psyllium Husk are as follows-
• It promotes easy bowel movements and acts as a natural remedy for constipation.
• It supports in stimulating the intestine to contract and aids in softening and speedy passage of stool.
• It promotes lower blood sugar level as it has soluble fibre that slows down the digestion of food which helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
• It helps in shedding weight by daily consumption with water or milk which reduces calories intake and appetite.
Psyllium Husk Production and Supply in India
India dominates the world market in production and export of psyllium husk. It provides more than 80% of psyllium husk in the world market. Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh are the major producers of Psyllium Husk. But most of the production units are situated in Unjha, Gujarat. There are a large number of Psyllium Husk suppliers in Unjha which ensure maximum satisfaction to its customers all over the globe. The Psyllium Husk suppliers in Unjha stand tall due to the following reasons-
• They use the finest grade seeds from trusted sources and modern techniques for obtaining the Psyllium Husk.
• They have a team of highly qualified professionals with outstanding experience and are aware of on-going demands in the market.
• They store Psyllium Husk in a hygienic environment under the supervision of deft professionals.
• They offer it in a high-quality packing material in order to avoid the chances of spillage during the transit.
• They have a competent logistics team which ensures safe delivery without any delay.
• The producers of Psyllium are competent enough to meet the bulk requirements of the marketplace.
• They price their product in accordance with the rates prevailing in the market.
Thus, we can conclude that the towering demand for Psyllium Husk is hard to face a downfall due to its amazing benefits.